Monday, December 02, 2002

If you're wondering why I haven't blogged lately, it's because I've been a tad sick; sore throat, coughing, sneezing, general tiredness. You know, the cold. Well, anyway, today I went back to the Movie Gallery (like the manager told me to on Monday, and today is Monday), but she wasn't there at around 2:30. However, the cashier told me that she should be back between 4:00 and 5:00, so Kim and I finished doing what we were supposed to do (get groceries from Wal-Mart and the local Supermarket, which is way overpriced). Then, on our way back, a fire truck zoomed by, so we decided to follow it since it turned down one of the two roads we would have turned on to get home, anyway. It seems a house caught fire, but we couldn't follow since the police were blocking the road. Well, we thought we'd be sneaky and get to it down a back road, but there were too many cars that way, too, so we decided to turn around and head back home. Then, at home, we ate some Cheesy Hashbrowns and Ham, bought from Wal-Mart. It was pretty good, but it could have been better, I think. Then, after eating, we headed back to the Movie Gallery, but lo and behold, the manager wasn't there. This doesn't surprise me in the least, because Bill's Dollar Store did the same thing to me. I came back EVERY day they told me to, but the manager was never there. Then, that job was filled after I had to leave town a couple of days to take Kim to the Dr. in Dallas. Well, guess what. Tomorrow I have to take Kim to Dallas again for another Dr.'s appointment. More than likely, I'm going to lose getting this job too. It makes me really mad that people do me like this. I saw some people I haven't seen yet at the Movie Gallery today, so the position that I applied for is probably already filled. Like I told Kim, it's probably somebody who knew somebody who knew somebody that knew the manager that got the job. Then again, they probably weren't going to ever hire me anyway. I'm getting used to that living here in the country, because it seems more or less to be who you know rather than what you know, but hey, all I know about is computers, and there is no job market for anything like that where we're living. I think I should have put all my efforts into something else, because knowing everything I do about computers has gotten me absolutely nowhere. Sure, when people actually see what I can do, and have done, they act a little interested in hiring me, but still that gets me nowhere. Like Kim, she's A+ certified (and still doesn't know as much as me), but that hasn't gotten her a job, not even so much as an interview. Not that there was even a place to get an interview, because people here just don't seem to want, or need computers, unless the computer is packaged with farm equipment or something.

Well, tomorrow is definitely going to be a big day. There is going to be at least 6 or 7 hours of driving involved, and it's going to be worse since I've got this cold, but maybe it will subside for tomorrow. Maybe we'll get lucky and find out what the baby's gender is going to be, at least maybe more than an 80% approximation. Maybe we'll even get better news and find out that the baby is 100% healthy. Time will only tell...

Today, go to http://www.webmonkey.com for all the web devel's out there. Ciao.

No comments: