Thursday, December 05, 2002

Yesterday, we went to Plano. However, there was a small problem. The night before, Kim and I laid down at around 12:00 midnight. I didn't fall asleep until around 4:00 AM, and got up at 8:00 AM, giving me only 4 hours of sleep for a 400 mile drive. This was not good, not at all. I was very sleep the whole way, plus my cold, it couldn't have gotten any worse. Well, yes it did. It was rainy the whole way there, limiting visibility in the Dallas traffic. However, we got in and out just fine, and was given some somewhat good news. The baby's kidneys haven't gotten any worse (or any better for that matter) but I feel like it's a good thing. The doctor tried again to see if he could make a better guess as to what the baby was, but he said, "the baby just won't spread it's legs." Heh, crazy. Well, after getting back home to my Mom's, we found out she wasn't there. This made Kim pretty mad because Mom knew we were coming, and we needed the $20 Mom said she'd give us to get back home. Well, after waiting around about an hour or so, I got a call from my aunt saying that Mom went to a doctor somewhere, but they were on their way here. Regretfully, we weren't able to stay at Mom's very long for fear of freezing rain. Kim also didn't want to stay for a couple of reasons: One, the house reeked of cigarette smoke. Two, the last time Kim was there, several people stayed in the kitchen having a smoke fest, which forced Kim out of the house for about an hour, she said. I just now found out about this, and I'm not all too happy about it, but it is her house, so she can do whatever she wants, but that doesn't mean I have to come over. I'm starting to question whether or not Kim and I are even going to go there for Christmas, because I don't like Kim breathing in cigarette smoke, and I don't like not having a place to sleep without forcing somebody out of their room.

On another note, today I went back to the Movie Gallery again, but this time I actually got to talk to the manager. She said they haven't gotten the results of the application yet because of the Thanksgiving holidays, but to keep trying back. I asked to check to see if they were even still hiring, and she said yes, so that's pretty good news. Then, we went to the U.S. Army Ammunition Plant for a job because somebody told Barbara that they were hiring, but they just said you have to go to the employment office to get a job, and I've already been there, so it was a wasted trip of about 50 or so miles to do that. Oh well, you can't say I'm not trying!

The site of the day for today is http://www.theonion.com/, a funny news site. I hope you enjoy! Bye.

No comments: