Friday, November 29, 2002

Last night, the baby kicked for the first time, ever. Amazing! However, she didn't tell me this last night, she waited until today to tell me, after I had woken up, because she said she didn't want to wake me. The reason for that is her dad wanted me to go to Atoka with him today so I could go back by the Movie Gallery to see if they have got the results of my application yet and save gas by going while he was going anyway. However, he was leaving at 9:00 AM, and I hadn't woken up until 1:00 PM that day, which left me being up for only 6 hours before I had to go back to bed in order to be up at that time. So, I took a few benadryl to help me sleep, and tossed and turned for the first hour before I was able to fall asleep. Man, I really hate changing my sleep schedule on a dime like that. It wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't tell me that he wanted me to go to town with him at 7:00 that night, because I had no idea it was going to happen. I was just going to get up on my own and go by myself to do it, but since I'm living in his house, I have to do things his way. He really likes to let me know that it's his house and that he pays for it single-handedly all the time, but I feel like I know why, and wouldn't dare to say otherwise. It's not like I'm just doing nothing around here; every day, I clean dishes, do laundry, do whatever Kim's parents tell me to, but that doesn't mean I have to be 100% happy about it. The thing I can't understand, is why do I have to get up when they get up? It's not like I'm much of an enjoyable person, or even like I do anything worthwhile when I'm as tired as I can be when I don't get at least ten or eleven hours of sleep. I really wish I didn't need this much sleep, but there's nothing I can do about it. I've tried the doctor, but I didn't go long enough. And now, I can't afford a doctor. Well, it's probably better to stay off of pills and just live naturally, I suppose. And back to being woke up... I'm as quiet as a mouse when they're asleep. I never even go into the room they sleep in, very rarely the room next to the room they're sleeping in (the only reason I would do that is to get a drink, I don't dare cook when they're asleep). Why can't I get this kind of respect? I guess it goes with the territory, though, and the territory is this country life I'm living in. Up with the chickens and down with the sun, eh? Well, life isn't always so bad around here, it just seems like everything (and everybody) gets really uptight when Rick is here... It's like we're all in the military. I can't explain all the details of why, but Kim and Barbara would both agree, I'm pretty certain.

Back to the baby. Tomorrow will be the 6th month of her pregnancy. I think this is actually kind of late for the baby to first be kicking, but I'm no expert. I take it's a good sign, though, and I'm looking forward to what's going to happen in the future, if only everything works out right. I just hope nothing goes wrong...

Well, a very late Happy Thanksgiving to everybody that reads this Blog. For today, check out http://www.pureperformance.com/, a site to help speed your computer up. Later!

No comments: