Saturday, October 04, 2003

Well, I made $487 this check. Not too shabby, but I'm still mega-behind in bills. I still owe $12 to the electric company, I'm paying $61 for water, and when gas comes in, it'll be a minimum of $70 because of all the activation fees and whatnot. I've got about $40 saved for rent, but that'll probably get used up in the next two weeks, meaning on my next paycheck, I'll have to pay $275 again, plus $12 for electricity, then another $70 for gas. Add in a few miscellaneous things like gas for the car and food, and I'll be breaking even again. But, I do have good news. Kim is in training for medical transcriptioning, by my aunt of course. She'll make 6 cents a line, and Anna will make 2 cents for every line they type. So anyway, Kim is at her house right now, and will be for the most part of the day, so that leaves me all alone to do what I please. I guess it'll be Final Fantasy, eh?

Well, back to TCIM, since that seems to be the only thing on my mind right now, anyway. Yesterday was payday, of course, and let me tell you, there must have either been a lot of call-ins or people just weren't scheduled to work. On normal days, we have around 80 - 90 application CSR's staffed, which towers over activation. Well, since there was so few activation people there, many application reps had to take activation calls. Here's the kicker: there only showed to be like 50 staffed in application, which is a loss of 30 people. On normal days, we've had like 30 application reps available and waiting for calls, so what this did is make a hit to that number, and leave us w/ 5 - 10 reps available every time I looked. That meant higher call volume for everybody actually on the floor. I remember when I used to miss a lot. It's easy to tell why TCIM writes you up so easily for missing a day, now. Boy, I was sure irresponsible then. But now, since it's only me working, I have to put in my 40 hours a week. I don't like getting sent home, and I don't plan on missing any days. I've had no writeups yet, so after 3 months, I'm going to apply for whatever new job is posted on the job posting board.

Right now, I'm burning Bulletproof Monk. The Core, which I downloaded a few days ago, looks a little big, so I don't know if I'll be able to burn it or not. If not, I can just split it, perhaps cutting off the credits and intro, but there's usually not many bits in there, anyway. I don't think I want to do a halfway split, because I consider that a waste of a CD. Oh well.

No comments: