Sunday, October 05, 2003

I was absent today at work. I know, I know, I didn't want to miss. I tried my hardest to go, but let me explain things first. I woke up yesterday at 8:30 AM, which is about an hour earlier than I normally wake up to go to work. Kim went to Anna's for the transcriptioning thing and I went to Wal-Mart to get some things. I found a rake for only $3.97, so I bought it, since I'm such a yardwork freak lately. I also got some envelopes for myself, envelopes for Anna, and a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Peppers for Anna (only $2.50, can't beat that). Got home and was pretty much semi-busy all day long. Michael also rented Dreamcatcher, which I have been dying to see since I read the book. Let's say the book is much better than the movie, but the movie was good too. Only a couple of things were changed, but all-in-all it was nice. As a matter of fact, I'm ripping it right now. We also raked the back yard, and man, lets say there was a bunch of leaves, especially in the corners of the fence. The leaves were so thick that I think that's the reason why the grass wasn't growing. Well, anyway, I'm trailing off here. The reason I didn't go to work is I didn't sleep ANY last night. I tossed and turned and I felt clammy all night. I couldn't sleep a wink. I was still planning on going to work, but however, at 7:00 I could barely keep my eyes open. If you know me, I'm not too good at staying awake while driving after I haven't slept in a long time. Kim insisted that I stay home, so I did. I couldn't find the 800 number to the call-in line at TCIM, so I had to call in at the last minute. I'd rather have called in sooner, but it just wasn't possible. Well, around 8:15 or so, I finally fell asleep, but I woke up at 12:00 noon so I would be able to fall asleep tonight. So yeah, I'm still pretty tired. I don't feel too good either; I'm still clammy and I have cold sweats every now and then, plus my appetite is shot. I feel really bad that I didn't go to work today, but this is one of the few honest days that I just really wasn't able to. Maybe I'll get lucky and they won't write me up. As far as I know, I won't miss any more days, plus we really need the money, and a whole day is a pretty big blow to the finances, but I'll try and cut the 8 hours down a bit by clocking in early and clocking out late throughout the week.

I don't think there's much else... I guess that nice fat paragraph will just have to do for today. :)

No comments: