Monday, November 10, 2003

Well, I hope everybody's had a happy Halloween! Mine was kinda crappy, since we couldn't afford candy for the trick-or-treater's, not to mention I had to work that day, but oh well.

Oh, and did I mention that I've quit TCIM? Yep, I've finally severed that tie, hopefully we won't be seeing each other again for a long time (except to pick up my last paycheck, of course). So, anyway, I've been on the job hunt lately with some very professional looking résumé and cover sheets, all nicely tucked away in their own individual folders. Unfortunately, today I was only able to drop one off at the bank here in Detroit. I didn't know thalobbies's shut down at 3:00 PM, and all of my other résumés were for banks, so I'll just have to go before 3:00 PM tomorrow. It was nice talking to the manager, though. He said in his opinion that I was overqualified for a position with them, but unfortunately they're not hiring at the moment. So, I finished my job hunt by going to the other places I applied and checking on the status of the application, but unfortunately there was no luck. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have a better job.

On a positive note, I've felt better today. Maybe it's just because I'm not thinking about TCIM all the time anymore. Plus, I'll finally be able to really use my leaf blower tomorrow unless it rains, so yay! Kim, however, isn't doing so well; she's getting another ear infection and I think the stress of our lack of money is finally starting to get to her.

And finally, I've started to learn the DVORAK keyboard layout; it's confusing as crap, but hey, it's designed for speed, not to slow you down like QWERTY is. After I learn it, maybe I can break 100 WPM, that would be sweet.

Site of the day: http://www.opera.com/, a browser that looks nicer and is much faster than Internet Explorer, especially with a web filter. Check it out!

No comments: