Friday, February 24, 2006

Here's a picture showing a test that I'm running to show how badly our internet connection is with Communicomm.


As you can see (you may need to click on the image to show the full size), there are a lot of failed packets. The test has been running for almost 3 hours, and almost half of that time, the internet was unaccessible. Also, you can note that the average response time for the data that does actually get through is high.

So, take my advice. If you have the choice between Communicomm and another ISP, choose the other. With Communicomm, we've had nothing but bad customer support, high prices, excessive downtime, low bandwidth, and filtered packets (see the post several days ago). Cox Communications is an excellent cable internet provider. If you have them in your area, go with them. I've used them for twice as long as I've used Communicomm when I lived in TX, and I can't remember more than 5 minutes of downtime. I can't say that their customer service is better though, because I've never actually had to use it. That's a good thing, though, heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm about to switch from Verizon to Comcast myself soon as I get moved in my new apt this month.

Anyhow, have you heard of Freecycling? They are yahoo groups where you can get free stuff... and if u have something you don't want, you can give it away free. I know theres an OKC one in OK, not sure what else there is. Anyhow the easiest way to see is to check out the main site. www.freecycle.org and go look at what they have in Oklahoma. I'm signed up for several different ones in my area and so far I've gotten free movies, a free TV, and a free sofa. They post all sorts of things on there. A friend of mine got a free 52' Tv. That was awesome! Theres no catches, either.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Why don't you join www.myspace.com and post your link on here? It's nice and fun to have. Add friends, personalize your page.. add pics, ect. Anyhow, think on it. :) Blog again soon.