Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A new post. Surprised? Well, lately, I've been downloading a lot of music. I've got 1.59GB of songs so far, which is 346 tracks on 39 different albums. I'm shooting for a little over 4GB so that I can burn it to a DVD. My main goal is to get the complete discography of Aphex Twin (and his aliases). I'll then release everything as a torrent, so be sure to join it! So far I have:
  • Afx
    1. Analogue Bubblebath 1 through 5
    2. Analord 1 through 11
  • Aphex Twin
    1. 26 Mixes for Cash
    2. Caustic Window
    3. Classics
    4. Come to Daddy
    5. Drukqs
    6. Girl-Boy EP
    7. Hangable Auto Bulb
    8. I Care Because You Do
    9. Melodies From Mars
    10. Richard D. James Album
    11. Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92
    12. Selected Ambient Works, Vol. 2
    13. Surfing on Sine Waves
    14. Ventolin
    15. Windowlicker
    16. Words & Music
I'm missing a few albums, and a couple of songs from those albums. You can view his complete discography at http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/hunaphextwin/discography.html. If you can give me any albums that I don't already have, I'll love you forever! We can trade songs by any means (FTP, Hamachi, You Send It, IRC, Soulseek, Torrents, etc.) By the way, I prefer that all my music is in 128KBps format, in the ARTIST\ALBUM\TRACK# SONGTITLE format, but if you don't know how to do that, don't worry, I can do it myself. Resampling from higher bitrates to 128KBps is pretty simple, just use Advanced MP3 Converter, located here. I then use Media Monkey to edit my ID3 tags and organize the files, then moreTunes for some final ID3 touches. The result is a nice directory structure of sorted MP3's at a decent bitrate, especially if you like to burn them to CD so that you can listen to them with your MP3 player.

You can contact me many ways. On IRC, I'm on with the nick BlkFury. My AIM name is BlkFury80, my MSN account name is jfox1980@gmail.com, and I also use Google Talk, under jfox1980@gmail.com. By the way, if you need a gmail account of your own (with over 2,713MB and growing), just leave a comment here or contact me with the other ways I mentioned and I'll set you up.

Otherwise, the music I also have is:
  • Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
  • Daft Punk - Homework
  • DHT - Listen to Your Heart
  • Halo_Gen - Halo_Gen
  • Kindzadza - Waves From Outer Space
  • Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Not a bad collection, huh? I've also found a new P2P file sharing program that you may be interested in. It's not near as good as the current torrent system, and it does put you in a queue, but it's worth a try, since it can find hard-to-get songs. It is located at http://www.slsknet.org/. The current version is 157 test 8, and can quickly be downloaded here. If you want to have a look at my music, just browse the user BlkFury.

Other than that, not much is new. My ISP, Communicomm, is still as worthless as ever. The BBB case that I filed against them is finally over, and they've received a bad ranking. You can view the results here. It basically says that they have an "unsatisfactory record" because "Company failed to respond to the BBB or to the consumer to resolve the issues." If you've been following my blog, you'll find that that isn't all too surprising. I've been trying to get ahold of the manager over the billing department by phone, but all I ever get is voicemail. I've sent her numerous e-mails about the downtime that I've been having, but she hasn't responded once. What else can I do?

Here's a link featuring a great shockwave flash video of Albert Hoffman. I hope you enjoy it!
http://www.nata2.info/humor/flash/flashback.swf. The music playing the the background is DMT by Shpongle. That's some more music I need to get.

Oh yes, a picture of me. Here's the best one I can find:

Later, folks!

No comments: