Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Okay, well, it hasn't been much of good news to report. I'm now homeless living in a shelter with Kim. We're looking for jobs together and have a few good leads, especially with a dry cleaning job. We might get lucky enough to both get a job there, but the bad thing is that we don't have a car anymore, so we're stuck walking. *sigh* Well, after we get our first paycheck, we'll be able to afford some bikes hopefully which will make the transit to and from work a lot easier, at least from the shelter.

The reason we're in the shelter? Well, we were staying with Kim's parents, but it just got to be too much. They were forcing us around without any respect and giving out hipocritical rules which they themselves wouldn't always follow. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind working, in fact I want to work to show them my respect, but they just wouldn't give me or Kim any in return, treating us like children. When we tried to talk to Barbara about it, she just wouldn't listen, she was always more interested in what she was going to reply to us with. We respect her opinion but just didn't believe in the ways, which is why we parted. I said something in anger to her while leaving, which pretty much banned me from their family. I don't care though because Kim is with me, and if I'm banned, so is Kim. I hate to split a family up like that and I've told Kim that she should try to ammend the relationship with her family, but she just won't do it, at least not yet.

Well, I'll talk a little about the shelter now. It's actually a pretty nice place and Kim and I have both made friends with a marriend couple who is just about our age. He plays Dungeons and Dragons, so we've been playing a lot of that lately, but it's hard to find a place to play sometimes. We get three meals a day, and we can get seconds or thirds, but they don't always serve what we want, but either way, we're getting exercise and eating healthier. I already feel like I'm losing weight, and so does Kim. We're also going steadily to a church now, which we both REALLY enjoy. It's a great setting with great people, but with a twist. I can't say what twist just yet, as I've invited my Mom to come, so I don't want her to know just yet.

Well, anyway, I'm going to get out of here. I'm on a library computer, so I don't have a lot of time. Goodbye, all.

No comments: