Thursday, July 17, 2003

I quit my job at We Pack. Not because I wanted to, but because Kim got a higher paying job at TCIM. Since we only have one car, this was the best choice at the time, but I regret quitting because it was nice to have money coming in. The work was monotonous and the temperature was hot, not to mention there was long periods of standing in one place not being able to move. It sure seems like a job worth more than $5.25 an hour, or however much it is that they pay, but I guess they don't want to bring the standards of that place up enough to make it a job worth staying at. Well, anyway, it seems like I'm going to be applying at TCIM again. That was one of my better jobs and the pay was always good, but it sure makes me feel weird at the thought of going back there.

Also, at the house (Vic and Marc's), it's been VERY hot lately. Even at night, Kim and I would both sweat a river. So, we got the old air conditioner that we had at Blossom from over at Darla's. That thing sure was heavy! Well, first we took it into our room where a 220 plug was next to the window. The air conditioner wouldn't fit, so we took it into the living room so we could take the smaller 110 air conditioner and put it in our room. When we put it in there, only the fan would turn on. This sure wasn't a good thing. So, we got an electronic tester and tested the plug. The plug was only putting out 110 when the jack was a 220, so only the fan in the air conditioner would turn on. So, we just left it there for the night since it was already dark. For once, Kim and I got to sleep in the cool air because of the old air conditioner that we moved into the room. However, we were going to have to move it back into the living room the next day. Well, that morning, Vic's dad woke me up and said he found a working 220 that had a different jack on it that morning. So, we moved the air conditioner into that room and bang, it worked! So now, the whole house is cool, and living there is sooooo much better. We still don't have water, though, so doing dishes is hard, not to mention we can't take baths or flush the toilet. Don't even ask HOW we do it, because it's a secret. :P

Well, got laundry to do, and cook for my hard working wife! LOL

No comments: