Friday, March 02, 2007

I've been playing World of Warcraft, lately. The game is great, but I don't think it's worth the $14.99/month that they're asking for it. I mean, you've already paid the $19.99 for the game, right? $12.99 or lower would be a better price, in my opinion. I'm playing a level 16 Gnome Mage right now, and I must say that it can be quite addicting.

I purchased a new video card recently. The nVidia 7600 GT for $115 was a great buy and it works excellent. If I want to turn this system into a true gaming machine, I need 1.5GB more RAM and a good SATA setup. RAM is getting amazingly cheap, so for another $60 or so I could get another gigabyte. I only have 512MB now, but it works good enough to at least play World of Warcraft, but the newer games can really choke. Take The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, for instance. I get great video quality, but when I'm in large areas with lots of textures to load into memory, the hard drive starts to get a little overworked.

Aside from games, I'm ordering the medical transcriptioning program from Careerstep for almost $1,600. It'll be a 4 month full time course, so wish me luck. This should be a lot nicer than than PCDI, who I would never recommend for ANY type of study.

On a final note, be sure to check out my MySpace page. Leave a comment there, too, if you want. Peace!

No comments: